KDE 3.1 release schedule draft

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at bigfoot.com
Mon Jun 3 09:47:26 BST 2002

On Monday 03 June 2002 05:44, Thomas Diehl wrote:
> Am Montag, 3. Juni 2002 00:45 schrieb Dirk Mueller:

> Any special reason why we must have 3.1 this early? I mean 3.0 went just
> out the door, and 5 months (between April and September) does not look like
> very much time to me for adding a whole lot of new functions and test them
> properly as I think was planned for the first major release after 3.0.

I have to second this. Why is there a need to rush into new .X release ? I
think a new .0.X is enough at the moment.

> > Although
> > many of the entries are already in the green and yellow section, there is
> > still a huge "red" TODO list. In my opinion there is not enough time to
> > implement them all, even if we plan KDE 3.1 for early next year, so we
> > have to cut it somewhere.
>
> OK, it's clear that we can't implement them "all", but probably we could
> implement a whole lot more and give people a little time to take a breath
> in between if we give some more time. I'd prefer if we could aim at
> something like late October, early November. Even with the usual delays we
> still would be out before the Christmas break then.

Everything moved by a month sounds reasonable to me. That gives developers and
translaters more time to finish their work and to test everything more
carefully.

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger