ASF spec licensing issues

Germain Garand germain at ebooksfrance.com
Sun Jul 21 16:06:38 BST 2002

Le Samedi 20 Juillet 2002 18:48, Shane Wright a écrit :
> If its not possible to implement it, I'll stop (nothing's in CVS yet), and
> I'll remove the entry from the 3.1 feature plan.

Hello Shane,

You may also publicly state, in a still PGP signed message,
that all the above was of course a *JOKE*, that you didn't need at all to read
those specs to reverse-engineer basical informations such as the title name,
it's length, etc...

More simply, you may also borrow the relevant code from an already existing,
free, legally reverse-engineered implementation, as the one mentioned by
Hetz...
Provided you don't use "suspect knowledge" to modify those implementations,
it's simply not your code, hence not your responsibility.

> btw, if anyone wants to read the full thing, it's downloadable from
> http://www.microsoft.com/asf/

No thanks. You are really incredible :-)

G.