Constructive feedback from Eugenia

Eric Christopherson rakko at charter.net
Fri Jul 12 04:56:52 BST 2002

On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 06:14:11PM -0700, Waldo Bastian wrote:
[snip]
> But if there are two applications it becomes:
> 	"Open With >"
> 		"KWrite"
> 		"Kompare"
> 		---------
> 		"Other"
[snip

> Should the "Open With >" submenu be located directly under the "Open" option?

I've also been thinking about that for a while. My idea is to have the apps
listed in the same menu, up to a certain number, at which point they would
go in a submenu so as not to crowd things. A while back I hacked it so that
it put up to (I think) five apps in the main menu, but even that looked a
little crowded. My next idea was to just indent their labels a tiny amount,
but I never got around to implementing that.

Anyway, to make a long story short, it seems less jarring to me to have only
one menu to pick things from, instead of having to scoot the cursor over and
pick from a submenu. Oh, new idea I just had: Maybe it could be similar to
the recent/frequent apps section of the K menu -- only the apps you use most
frequently (or most recently?) to open the MIME type would appear on the
main RMB menu; any others would appear in the submenu. Hmm.

--
Eric Christopherson, a.k.a. Contrarian Conlanger Rakko ^_^