Proposal for KControl

Jason Wood jasonwood at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Jul 2 03:10:36 BST 2002

(CC'd to Waldo because I don't think I can post directly to core-devel)

On Tuesday 02 Jul 2002 1:43 am, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Sunday 30 June 2002 02:16 pm, Charles Samuels wrote:
> > I just commited Peripherals, please take a look.
>
> I strongly doubt whether Keyboard Shortcuts belongs under peripherals.
> Keyboard shortcuts are not a property of the keyboard, they are a property
> of the applications and/or the system in general.

I believe the problem here is with the word "peripherals". To me, that means
hardware things, such as mouse double click speed, and how fast the keyboard
auto-repeats. Change the word to be something that more generically means
"Keyboard, mouse, and other human-computer interaction devices such as
joysticks, light pens and touch screens... options" - obviously we need
something a little shorter though ;-) and then it makes more sense to group
everything together.

Cheers,
Jason

--