Resedit (Was: Proposal for KControl)

Hadacek Nicolas hadacek at kde.org
Mon Jul 1 12:15:06 BST 2002

Le Lundi 1 Juillet 2002 08:59, Waldo Bastian a écrit :

> > though I don't know if it is exactly what is needed... It
> > is currently used in kmines and ksirtet ; the XML files ares for eg
> > "kminesconfig.rc" and "ksirtetconfig.rc" and the class hierarchy to
> > handle them is in "kmines/generic/gsettings.*"...
>
> Oh, very nice! How do these gsettings work? You can just plug them into a
> settings dialog?

well the name is in fact KConfigItem :)

well in fact it just encapsulates each type of config data (simple types like
string, boolean, interger, ... , ranged types (for spinbox and numinput) and
multi types (for combox and radio buttons)).
It does not do anything with GUI layout but it keep trace of what happened to
the GUI object that holds the value (load/save/modified/default) and also set
text/whatsthis/tooltip. It also remembers the group and key to save/read the
config value via the standard KConfig mecanism.

The framework also has a list of KConfigItem named KConfigCollection and a
KConfigWidget that just hold such a collection (it's similar to KCmModule if
I remember well). And finally there is a KConfigDialog that connect its
buttons to the appropriate KConfigCollection slots.

all this is quite straightforward I'd say :)

cu,
Nicolas