To bugs.kde.org maintainers: Thank You

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Thu Dec 5 04:39:13 GMT 2002

On Wednesday, 04 December 2002 20:22, Daniel Stone wrote:
> [1]: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=166648. Note the
>      "View Attachment" lines. But of course that's not what coolo wants
>      you to see - only a horrifically broken branched version of debbugs
>      1.0 (current is 2.4) should be compared to Bugzilla!

Why shall you take on people personally? bugzilla isn't the commercial product
of Coolo's multimilionaire company. It's just a tool, for name's sake. There
are probably tens of tools out there for doing this particular job. Coolo, in
his impersonal interest for the betterment of KDE's world, proposed one of
them to replace an old one, just like you replace a bug sticky tape with a
bug spray. Both do the work, but the spray is more convenient. He did this
when the debbugs technology wasn't as attractive as bugzilla. I'm sure that,
the day come, a reverse switch can be considered if for better.

We really need to try to stay calm.

Cristian Tibirna .. tibirna at sympatico.ca
PhD student .. ctibirna at giref.ulaval.ca .. www.giref.ulaval.ca/~ctibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. www.kde.org