bugs.kde.org -> bugzilla??

Daniel Naber daniel.naber at t-online.de
Wed Aug 21 15:03:12 BST 2002

On Wednesday 21 August 2002 15:31, Don Sanders wrote:

> That's like a conventional charity saying 'but we already have a

Well, we are no charity from my point of view.

> even if the features are implemented regardless. Why not help people
> get the features they want implemented and at the same time raise
> money for KDE e.V?

Because then users will say "but that bug has already $100 donations and
these idiots still didn't implement it". You might want to work on things
that users need (or better: that they think they need), but I guess that
most developers want to work on things that are fun for them. And that's
the basic problem: people will vote and 90% of the developers won't care.
Then users will be disappointed, even more so when they actually donated
money.

Of course I won't stop you from adding this feature if other people agree
with you.

Regards
 Daniel

--