kxkb gui butchered?

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Fri Aug 16 17:32:04 BST 2002

l.lunak at email.cz <l.lunak at email.cz> wrote:
> I think rather not. Some settings don't require kxkb. Some of them
> are copies from the accessibility module, others like numlock setting
> or key repeating are handled by the control module itself. There's no
> reason to disable them if kxkb is disabled.

Well, it has never worked or is extremely buggy.  Try "disabling
keyboard layout" and then asking kxkb to remap your CapsLock to
Control.  It just never gets applied.

It's been like this for a long time, although maybe not for the stuff
that was recently merged.  Very frustrating, and the TODO file even
seems to have a note about it.

What should be done?

-N.