Success: kde 3.1 cvs running on sgi IRIX!

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Tue Aug 13 12:09:40 BST 2002

Andreas Sturm <a_sturm at naimasoft.com> writes:
> cc-1020 cc: ERROR File = main.c, Line = 318
>   The identifier "socklen_t" is undefined.
>
>       socklen_t len;
>
> Where should socklen_t be defined?

Argl. I tracked down sth. like this on a Solaris system lately. It was
hard to find, but somehow configure put a #define in config.h which made
the system headers break.

WORKAROUND: Removing the socklen_t define in config.h did the trick.

SOLUTION: The configure check should be fixed to test if a program
using socklen_t still works despite of the #define.

I wanted to post this but forgot... :-( Sorry, but right now, I don't
have the sys/socket.h at hand, otherwise I could give more info. IIRC,
there was a "typedef int socklen_t" which a "#define socklen_t int"
from config.h made appear as "typedef int int" which made the compiler
give something like "ERROR: What the hell does this $%!#§ want to tell
me??" ;-p

--
Ciao,  /  /
      /--/