Request to check in a new feature to KRegExpEditor.

Nikolas Zimmermann wildfox at kde.org
Wed Aug 7 10:01:27 BST 2002

On Wednesday 07 August 2002 01:19, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 August 2002 13:18, Jesper K. Pedersen wrote:
> > Hi.
> > Lately I've been very busy an thus have only had a little time to
> > work on KDE. Therefore I didn't want to add stuff to the expected
> > feature list for KRegExpEditor, as I was afraid I couldn't make it.
>
> You should have added it. You could have simply moved it to the feature
> list of KDE 3.2 if you wouldn't have finished it in time for KDE 3.1.

Hmm, but isn't it better to post a feature-check-in-request than
noting something down on the feature list (users may be happy to see the
feature!) and then having to say that one didn't manage to finish
the feature..

> > Now, however, I've had two weeks of vacation, where I brought my
> > laptop, and I added a verifier widget to my regular expression editor
> > see http://www.blackie.dk/KDE/verifier.png for a screen dump, and
> > http://www.blackie.dk/KDE/kregexpeditor.tgz for the source directory.
> >
> > In addition to this I also have had a chance to fix a number of bugs
> > plus add a number of tooltips to make things easier for the end user.
> > I can, however, not separate these bug fixes from the new feature
> > easily.
> >
> > Now my problem is that I really would like to have all this in KDE
> > CVS, but due to the missing entry in the feature plan I can't do it.
>
> That's correct.
>
> > I therefore ask for permission check it in.
>
> No exceptions are made. For no one. Sorry.
Since when do we _need_ such strict rules?
I'd not directly say commit it, but maybe we could
think about a compromise ?
Or do you just see 'Feature freeze -> no' ?

I understand that having rules is good and needed, but
that strict...

Bye
 Bye
  Niko