'Follow the leader' dialogs

Thomas Zander zander at planescape.com
Mon Aug 5 12:19:57 BST 2002

On Monday 05 August 2002 11:04, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Monday 05 August 2002 4:52, Thomas Zander wrote:
> > Please don't; I don't want to be interrupted because another app had a
> > failure.
> > We just got rid of all of those in Konq :)
>
> Well, this happens anyway at the moment, no?
>
> The issue is that the failure notification *does* pop up on the desktop
> that you are on, but does not follow you back to that application.
>
> i.e. In the current example, let's say I fire up KMail on desktop 2 and go
> over to Konsole in desktop 1.  Then I decide to switch to 4, etc.  Well
> sometime during the switching a message box popped up -- unfortunately on a
> desktop that I haven't been back to since.  Now, to be able to use KMail, I
> likely have to first find that dialog and tell it to proceed.

Hmm? I've never seen this (I believe you that it happens, but it strikes me as
extremely odd behavior)
You can't continue, you say. So this must be a modal dialog. Don't modal
dialogs always appear on top of the application?
It seems there is a bug in either KMail or in the libs...
Is this fixable to only show on top of the application? (and always _on top_
of that application, just like all modal dialogs)

> I'm not sure you're talking about the same thing.

Hope this clears the misunderstandings ;)

--
Thomas Zander                                           zander at planescape.com
                                                 We are what we pretend to be