'Follow the leader' dialogs

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Mon Aug 5 10:04:54 BST 2002

On Monday 05 August 2002 4:52, Thomas Zander wrote:
> Please don't; I don't want to be interrupted because another app had a
> failure.
> We just got rid of all of those in Konq :)

Well, this happens anyway at the moment, no?

The issue is that the failure notification *does* pop up on the desktop that
you are on, but does not follow you back to that application.

i.e. In the current example, let's say I fire up KMail on desktop 2 and go
over to Konsole in desktop 1.  Then I decide to switch to 4, etc.  Well
sometime during the switching a message box popped up -- unfortunately on a
desktop that I haven't been back to since.  Now, to be able to use KMail, I
likely have to first find that dialog and tell it to proceed.

I'm not sure you're talking about the same thing.

-Scott

--
The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest
person to fool.