Different behaviour when browsing directories with konqy/kfile

Joseph Wenninger jowenn at kde.org
Fri Apr 26 00:02:40 BST 2002

Hi

I'm trying to write a mycomputer:/ IO slave, and noticed that konqueror and
the kfiledialog handle the file entries differently. I'm not sure if it is a
bug or intended behaviour, that's why I ask here.

In the mycomputer:/ root directory I show a virtual directory called blah
(UDS_NAME "blah") and as url I give it file:/ (UDS_URL "file:/").

In konqueror a click onto the directory redirects directly to file:/, whithout
invoking my slave again. The kfile dialog calls my slave's listDir again and
I have to redirect the call there. Why does that inconsistency exist ?
Shouldn't both applications do the same things ?

Kind regards
Joseph Wenninger