Moving Toys into Games in the K Menu

Thomas Diehl thd at kde.org
Mon Apr 22 13:45:35 BST 2002

On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:16:59 +0200, Ralf Nolden wrote:

>> And putting them together as submenus into something like "leisure" would
>> give us too much nesting (Leisure -> Games -> Card Games -> KPat).
>Nesting is a necessity of a k/start menu. The tradeoff has to be made between
>the nesting deepness and offering a good overview over each level. As kdetoys
>are rarely used (not for production use anyway), their level of importance in
>the K menu shouldn't be top-priority as they are now with their own top-entry
>in the K menu. This is what I tried to reduce by this, and the only section
>they would fit into would be games, and everyone could find them there.

No. I wouldn't find them there because I would never ever look under
"games" for a tea cooker or something like the world clock, kandalf or
kaphorism. For me this is just a bad idea.

If you really don't care about nesting and everybody else agrees (which
I wouldn't expect) make an extra entry like "Leisure" or some such and
put submenues like "games" and "toys & trifles" in there.

Thomas

---
KDE translation: http://i18n.kde.org/
Deutsche KDE-Uebersetzung: http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de/