libtool, OpenBSD, plugins, large breakage

Nick Hudson skrll at netbsd.org
Fri Apr 12 08:44:50 BST 2002

On Thursday 11 April 2002 8:12 pm, Michael Matz wrote:
[...]
> On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Marc Espie wrote:
[...]

> > Where do you think the patches come from ? someone has to write them in
>
> Reread my mail.  I said that I have patches for that, just not looked at
> them yet, partly because they mix several issues.  They are from NetBSD's
> Nick Hudson and for KDE 2.2.  I also laid out the general solution, which
> doesn't involve any libtool hacking.  Patches implementing that solution
> for KDE 3 are welcome if you don't want to wait for me doing them.

I did ask if you wanted just the a.out support patches... FWIW, I'm creating
KDE3.0 pkgs for NetBSD pkgsrc and will obviously have to update my patches
for 3.0. I can send you these if that would speed things up.

My patches don't do any libtool hacking - are you following the same idea
just with the "main" handling done more automatically.

Nick