Send File / invokeMailer

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Apr 11 21:07:22 BST 2002

InvokeMailer doesn't allow attachments anymore.  David removed it because
khtml was allowing people to attach files with mailto: at some point.

1.490        (faure    10-Dec-01):      //  if ((*it).startsWith("attach="))
1.490        (faure    10-Dec-01):      //    attach =
KURL::decode_string((*it)

However, I suspect this breaks applications which have "Send File" in their
menu.  Included is KWord.  I just tried to send a file and it didn't attach
the file to the email.  Now I believe I have fixed this attach= thing in
khtml for mailto forms.  I didn't check for mailto links though.  I also
didn't check if there is any impact in kjs.

>From the koffice source:
       kapp->invokeMailer("mailto:?subject=" + theSubject +
                          "&attach=" + fileURL);

So basically 3.0 is already broken with this feature.  We need to fix it for
3.1.  Two alternative suggestions:

1) Create two invokeMailer commands, one trusted, one untrusted.
2) Audit khtml and friends to make sure that they strip attach= everywhere.

--

George Staikos