libtool, OpenBSD, plugins, large breakage

Alex Zepeda jazepeda at pacbell.net
Fri Apr 12 05:51:49 BST 2002

On Thu, Apr 11, 2002 at 08:26:14PM +0200, Michael Matz wrote:

> Hmm, I really thought, that the various BSDs have patches for exactly this
> problem in their ports tree.  At least I got the patches from someone from
> NetBSD.

A suggestion (at least for NetBSD).  If you're going to do any serious KDE
using/compiling/whatever.. go for and ELF binutils.  Very useable ELF bits
exist (and are near ready for importing) for the "lowly" mac68k port.
IMO it would be worth chasing down these patches for your platform so that
libtool (and everything else) can be cleaned up.

- alex