Send File / invokeMailer

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Thu Apr 11 22:26:11 BST 2002

On Thursday 11 April 2002 01:07 pm, George Staikos wrote:
> So basically 3.0 is already broken with this feature.  We need to fix it
> for 3.1.  Two alternative suggestions:
>
> 1) Create two invokeMailer commands, one trusted, one untrusted.
> 2) Audit khtml and friends to make sure that they strip attach= everywhere.

I would go for 2, if there are many places that need it then we could consider
adding an untrusted invokeMailer command but I don't think that's needed.

I will add these extra KURL methods that you suggested to make this easier.
(I'm not going to use QMap so it will not be the most CPU efficient
implementation but I don't think that is important since starting KMail isn't
CPU efficient either >:-)

I would like to suggest the following names to stay consistant with the
already existing "queryItem()" function:

addQueryItem(name,value);
removeQueryItem(name);
modifyQueryItem(name,newvalue);

Implementation similar to KURL::queryItem.

I will add those later this week, or you can do it yourself if you like.

Cheers,
Waldo
bastian at kde.org  |   SuSE Labs KDE Developer  |  bastian at suse.com