The status of freenode (the IRC network used by KDE)

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Wed May 26 09:56:08 BST 2021

Hi, all!

Is there any KDE-wide decision on that? Is there any work done on migration
from freenode to libera? I mean, if a KDE-project wants to migrate from
freenode to libera, what should it do? Do that individually or wait until
the whole organisation does that in a bucket?

As far as I can see the following steps are needed:

1) Register the project within libera somehow. There was some form to fill
in, but I cannot find it now.
2) Relink the matrix bridge from the old network to the new location.

I guess we can register the channel ourselves, but relinking matrix bridge
is something out of our control. What should we do for that?

--
Dmitry Kazakov