The status of freenode (the IRC network used by KDE)

Kenny Duffus kenny at kde.org
Wed May 26 10:36:01 BST 2021

On Wednesday, 26 May 2021 09:56:08 BST Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> Hi, all!
>
> Is there any KDE-wide decision on that? Is there any work done on migration
> from freenode to libera? I mean, if a KDE-project wants to migrate from
> freenode to libera, what should it do? Do that individually or wait until
> the whole organisation does that in a bucket?

Hi

I am one of KDE's IRC group contacts with both freenode and libera

As most of you are aware there are serious repercussions happening to communities and channels that publicly state their intention to move therefore doing that would be a bad idea

Only a coordinated change would be good for our community. This would obviously be communicated to the community if everything that we need was prepared  and ready to happen

--

	Kenny
	(Pronouns: he/him)