On a brighter note

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 02:10:20 GMT 2021

Hello all, I became aware today of Declaration of Digital Autonomy (draft
0.1): https://techautonomy.org/

This seems like a good beginning to a general way to frame the issues we
care about. I'm not about to abandon the phrase "free software" however, we
need more than free software. We need tech that serves the needs of people
rather than corporations.

As an example, System76 leaders recently testified to the US State of
Colorado in support of a proposed law guaranteeing the "right to repair."
[1] This is a live issue in the US where major corporations are trying to
change owners of products into lessees or licensees! And farmers who buy
seeds too.

Crazy world we live in, but we are shaping it as we work together.

Valorie

1.
https://blog.system76.com/post/646726872371200000/carl-testimony-hb21-1199mp3

--