RMS and open letter

Luis Falcon falcon at gnuhealth.org
Tue Mar 23 22:11:52 GMT 2021

On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 19:49:36 +0000
Carl Schwan <carl at carlschwan.eu> wrote:

> Hello all,
> like you probably heard already RMS was reinstatement to the
> Board of Directors of the Free Software Foundation. RMS has
> always been a negative force to the Free Software movement due
> to his toxic behavior. There is an open letter asking for his
> and the current board FSF resignation available at
> https://rms-open-letter.github.io/.

This attack against Richard is appalling, and, in my opinion, the
reflection of the sick society we live in.

I find disgusting the amount of public mobbing and battering that
Richard has suffered this past year and a half. Many of the
brown-nosers who proudly showed pictures with him, now are part of this
evil campaign.

You don't have an idea of how much pain these people has inflicted upon
him. Zero empathy. Not a single case has been filed against him, just
coward bullying and mobbing. You believe he is guilty, then go to court.

Richard has been a victim of those who could not accept a pure movement
and philosophy like the Free/Libre Software movement.

While some of his same-age are now filthy rich by writing proprietary
code, RMS lives humbly, putting all his time and talent to the benefit
of the community.

We can not conceive the Free/Libre Software - and all the benefits that
brought to society- without Richard. Our projects would not exist today
without RMS, Founder of the FSF and the GNU project. That is just being
grateful.

Finally, I find ironic that the "open letter" to debunk RMS is placed
on Github, a Microsoft owned company.

This puts an end to my discussion on this matter, at least on this
channel.

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, MD, MSc
President, GNU Solidario