RMS and open letter

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Tue Mar 23 22:27:21 GMT 2021

El dimarts, 23 de març de 2021, a les 23:11:52 CET, Luis Falcon va escriure:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2021 19:49:36 +0000
> Carl Schwan <carl at carlschwan.eu> wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> > like you probably heard already RMS was reinstatement to the
> > Board of Directors of the Free Software Foundation. RMS has
> > always been a negative force to the Free Software movement due
> > to his toxic behavior. There is an open letter asking for his
> > and the current board FSF resignation available at
> > https://rms-open-letter.github.io/.
> >

> This attack against Richard is appalling, and, in my opinion, the
> reflection of the sick society we live in.
>
> I find disgusting the amount of public mobbing and battering that
> Richard has suffered this past year and a half. Many of the
> brown-nosers who proudly showed pictures with him, now are part of this
> evil campaign.
>
> You don't have an idea of how much pain these people has inflicted upon
> him. Zero empathy. Not a single case has been filed against him, just
> coward bullying and mobbing.

Poor guy, he bullied and mobbed and now he is sad because people are fed up of his behaviour and rightfully complaining.

> You believe he is guilty, then go to court.

In court? You don't need to do something *criminal* to be considered unfit for leading.

> Richard has been a victim of those who could not accept a pure movement
> and philosophy like the Free/Libre Software movement.

You sound like a conspiracy theorist. This is nothing to do about the "pureness" of the Free Software movement, this is about him being of questionable character.

> While some of his same-age are now filthy rich by writing proprietary
> code, RMS lives humbly, putting all his time and talent to the benefit
> of the community.

Unless you're women, or trans, or he doesn't like you.

> We can not conceive the Free/Libre Software - and all the benefits that
> brought to society- without Richard. Our projects would not exist today
> without RMS, Founder of the FSF and the GNU project. That is just being
> grateful.

Hyperbole incoming: If someone invented the cure for all cancers and then went and killed 1 million people with his bare hands, he would still be a monster.

Having started Free Software doesn't give you carte blanche to in general being a toxic person.

> Finally, I find ironic that the "open letter" to debunk RMS is placed
> on Github, a Microsoft owned company.
>
> This puts an end to my discussion on this matter, at least on this
> channel.

Saying "you're wrong, I'm right and i will not discuss this further" has to be one of the worst ways ever to try to convince people

Albert