Formal request to set up a KDE Discourse instance

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Mar 8 08:55:12 GMT 2021

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 2:55 AM Nate Graham <nate at kde.org> wrote:

> On 3/6/21 10:35 PM, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 7, 2021 at 3:51 AM Nate Graham <nate at kde.org
> > <mailto:nate at kde.org>> wrote:>
> >     Ben, can we get Discourse added to the Sysadmin task queue? Again, no
> >     pressure regarding schedule, but can we get it added there just for
> >     work-tracking purposes?
> >

> > I've now added https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/task-queue/-/issues/31
> > <https://invent.kde.org/sysadmin/task-queue/-/issues/31> for this.
>
> > In terms of scheduling it is currently behind [stuff]
>

> Thanks Ben! Much appreciated.
>
> I think doing GitLab stuff first makes sense in terms of usage of your
> time. On that subject, I notice that both Jonathan and Carl (CC'd) have
> offered to handle setting up the test Discourse instance, or assist with
> it. Perhaps we can do them in parallel, and accomplish a bit of Sysadmin
> onboarding too. :) What do you think?

We'll need to investigate the capacity and capability of our servers first
to choose one that can potentially handle this (which as noted earlier, is
substantially constrained by the demand of the Discourse developers to use
Docker).

In the meantime, it will be interesting to see how the discussion plays out
in the issue as there has been some interesting commentary already.

> Nate

Cheers,
Ben