Formal request to set up a KDE Discourse instance

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Fri Mar 12 14:39:14 GMT 2021

On 3/8/21 1:55 AM, Ben Cooksley wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 2:55 AM Nate Graham <nate at kde.org
>     I think doing GitLab stuff first makes sense in terms of usage of your
>     time. On that subject, I notice that both Jonathan and Carl (CC'd) have
>     offered to handle setting up the test Discourse instance, or assist
>     with
>     it. Perhaps we can do them in parallel, and accomplish a bit of
>     Sysadmin
>     onboarding too. :) What do you think?
>

> We'll need to investigate the capacity and capability of our servers
> first to choose one that can potentially handle this (which as noted
> earlier, is substantially constrained by the demand of the Discourse
> developers to use Docker).

Is that something that can only be done by you, or is anyone else
available for it? Might this be a good onboarding opportunity?

> In the meantime, it will be interesting to see how the discussion plays
> out in the issue as there has been some interesting commentary already.

Seems like the discussion has tapered off with Discourse mostly being
the preferred choice. Other alternatives brought up there seem to be too
immature or not projected to fully meet our needs.

Nate