Fundraising in KDE

Karl Ove Hufthammer karl at huftis.org
Mon Sep 28 19:28:57 BST 2020

Vincent Pinon skreiv 27.09.2020 21:36:

> The tiny team can't answer these requests on spare time (or it takes
> years). No one is ready to abandon their job, finding a good person to
> hire seems not easy, maybe contracting a consultant would be a
> solution... But then how to gather the funds? As KDE eV can't allocate
> money to a specific project (if I understand correctly), we would need
> to create a new structure: none of us is interested in this kind of
> paperworks and risks associated (having read about Krita Fundations
> difficulties few years back)...

You might want to consider applying to be a member of the Software
Freedom Conservancy (SFC). They handle the paperwork for you:
https://sfconservancy.org/about/
https://sfconservancy.org/projects/services/

This is not unprecedented for KDE projects; in 2009, the Amarok project
joined the SFC (but it seems that they are no longer a member):
https://dot.kde.org/2009/11/05/amarok-joins-software-freedom-conservancy-and-starts-rokvember-fund-raiser

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer