Feedback on new feature: energy performance settings

John Salatas jsalatas at ictpro.gr
Sun Aug 9 13:04:49 BST 2020

Hi.

I just committed a  set of patches for powerdevil [1] and
plasma-workspace [2] in order to expose
in the GUI some settings related to the cpu's energy performance.

Apparently, these settings seem to make great difference in the
performance and battery duration in laptops equiped with modern intel
CPU (using the intel_pstate driver). Unfortunately I am missing some
hardware to test it and I would appreciate if could provide your
feedback and suggestions for your non-intel CPUs (ie AMD, ARM). Testing
and feedback/suggestions in any case would be highly appreciated as
well.

Thank you!

John Salatas