KDE Apps name trademarks

Albert Vaca Cintora albertvaka at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 11:55:25 BST 2020

> But if there are situations where third parties are living off our good
name,
> we should fight this. We already have the rights to do so.

Should we? Isn't that the same that RedHat, SUSE, Canonical, etc. do?
What's wrong with charging for our apps as a distributor?

We can, under the GPL, enforce that any fixes made to apps (eg: so they
work better on Windows) get back upstream, but that's it.

If our apps were trademarked, why is the person doing the Windows packages
not allowed to use the app name, but the person doing the Debian packages
is? In what they differ? Do we want to become IceWeasel?

I think we should be happy there are packagers that distribute our software
on Windows, the same way we are happy there are packages distributing our
software on Linux distros.