KDE Apps name trademarks

Filipe Saraiva filipe at kde.org
Tue Jul 21 22:27:52 BST 2020

Em 20/07/2020 07:55, Albert Vaca Cintora escreveu:

> I think we should be happy there are packagers that distribute our
> software on Windows, the same way we are happy there are packages
> distributing our software on Linux distros.

The problem is not people packing and distributing our software,
including selling them.

The problem is people using the original name of our software in an
environment where we could for ourselves pack and distribute them. If I
am not wrong, apps stores don't allow a same software using a same name
but distributed by different "owners".

If it is the case, we will be in a scenario where we can not use the
original name of our software to distribute them.

It is a very different scenario of a Linux distro repository where we
are not going to pack our software and compete to distro packagers.

--
Filipe Saraiva
http://filipesaraiva.info/