reddit r_KDE uses KDE logo in LGBT colors

David Edmundson david at davidedmundson.co.uk
Sun Jul 12 17:09:13 BST 2020

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 11:14 AM sabayon11 <sabayon11 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a question:
> Is it legal for reddit moderators of r_KDE to use KDE logo in LGBT
> colors. Is it consistent with logo license?

Like KDE itself, Oxygen Icons have a liberal copying policy. Anyone may,
and is encouraged to, use Oxygen Icons in their applications, websites and
physical artwork. *Modification is also allowed*. The only restriction is
that you can not restrict what others then do with the artwork.

The copying licence is the GNU LGPL 3, see Policies/Licensing_Policy
<https://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy> and LGPL licence text
<http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/lesser.html> for the full legal details.

Source: https://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Oxygen/Licensing . Emphasis is
mine.

> https://www.reddit.com/r/kde/
>
> Is it in line with KDE code of conduct - to support certain groups
> that are politically active and be selective in this choice?

Changing a logo on a 3rd party social media site is not against the code of
conduct.

Again a helpful link: https://kde.org/code-of-conduct/

I hope this helps address your concerns.

David