BigBlueButton for non-KDE stuff?

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 05:45:02 BST 2020

Let me say upfront that I don't know of a policy. However....

On Thu, Jul 9, 2020 at 5:03 AM Pau Garcia Quiles <pgquiles at elpauer.org>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> I was wondering if there is a policy or restriction to use meet.kde.org
>
> Why this question?
>
> Uyuni (https://www.uyuni-project.org/) is an open source systems
> management solution, at the moment mostly driven by SUSE (because Uyuni is
> the upstream for SUSE Manager). Uyuni is not associated with KDE, and only
> loosely associated with openSUSE.
>
> We started Uyuni Community Hours a couple of months ago, to great success.
> We were using GoToMeeting because that's what I had from SUSE but now we
> would like to move to an open source conferencing tool and are looking for
> a home.
>
> openSUSE offers Jitsi (meet.opensuse.org), which has the problem of not
> allowing room reservations.
>
> KDE's BigBlueButton allows reservations but I was wondering if it's OK to
> use meet.kde.org for non-KDE related discussion.
>
> --
> Pau Garcia Quiles
> http://www.elpauer.org

Kubuntu asked the BBB team years ago if we could have a free account, which
was generously offered. Why not try out their trial server at
https://bigbluebutton.org/ and then either ask for a free account or set up
the software on a server somewhere? It is free software, and the devels are
very nice people.

Valorie