Information regarding upcoming Gitlab Migration

Johan Ouwerkerk jm.ouwerkerk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 18:49:23 BST 2020

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 2:32 PM Piyush Aggarwal
<piyushaggarwal002 at gmail.com> wrote:

> How long do redirects like this one work? If they will keep working indefinitely, then maybe we can have all the repos at flat URLs for once and then move them to respective subgroups?

I don't think this works if you want $repo to appear in *both* A and B
subgroups. A move is a one-way operation.

If I understand the docs [1] correctly then the multi-group thing is
mostly labeling with aliases in our case. There would be one KDE
structure and a bunch of groups which are basically an ACL with a name
to selectively grant access to a project via the "sharing" mechanism.
So projects in such a group are in fact aliases for projects in the
main KDE namespace similar to symlinks.

The trick is therefore basically: make everybody a member of every
group so you see $repo under both A and B groups because KDE/$repo is
shared from the KDE group with both A and B.

Regards,

- Johan

[1]: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/group/