Information regarding upcoming Gitlab Migration

Johan Ouwerkerk jm.ouwerkerk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 19:04:36 BST 2020

On Mon, Apr 27, 2020 at 3:30 PM Luigi Toscano <luigi.toscano at tiscali.it> wrote:

> Bhushan Shah ha scritto:
>
> > - But most importantly, this breaks with the non-unique leaf repository
> >   names feature offered by the proposed structure. So, There could be
> >   maui/documentation and wikitolearn/documentation. But we would have
> >   single KDE/documentation redirect
>

> Just to clarify: are we going towards a non-unique leaf repository name? I
> thought we were going to maintain the leaf uniqueness regardless.
>
> --
> Luigi

AFAIK `kdesrc-build` cannot cope wth non-unique repo names: it needs
$repo.git to be unique. In fact, things need to be slightly more
unique than just within the KDE namespace: names must also be unique
over the set of 3rd party names referenced in the dependency data (and
the other modules that a `kdesrc-build.rc` might refer to, but that is
also on the user).

So people had better avoid "common" names if they want their project
to build with `kdesrc-build` (or brush up their Perl 5 skills to fix
it).

I guess for most projects this won't matter too much, but I can
imagine how this could bite translations & related tooling as well.

Regards,

- Johan