Regarding KDE Privacy policy

Johan Ouwerkerk jm.ouwerkerk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 29 13:59:52 GMT 2020

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 9:06 PM Volker Krause <vkrause at kde.org> wrote:

> Not publishing the raw data right from the start was mainly a safety measure,
> to give us a chance to review the data and fix de-anonymization issues should
> any have slipped through.
>
> There's also technical limitations, the current system has no fine-grained
> access control, not even read vs write access.
>
> For publishing aggregated data, I think that's already "allowed" right now,
> just nobody has built an automated way of doing that yet.

What kind of views do we want? Histograms, averages, min/max, that
sort of thing? In that case maybe something like
https://grafana.com/grafana/ is a good idea.
I'm assuming here that people would mostly want to get an
idea/overview of a certain set of metrics, rather than manual querying
or in-depth data analysis.

Regards,

- Johan