Regarding KDE Privacy policy

Johan Ouwerkerk jm.ouwerkerk at gmail.com
Sat Feb 29 13:46:09 GMT 2020

On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 9:06 PM Volker Krause <vkrause at kde.org> wrote:

> Given how little practical experience we have with this, I'd be cautious with
> publishing unreviewed raw data though. And that isn't just theoretical.

Quite.

Publishing the raw data is a bad idea from a privacy perspective.
Anonymisation is not magic, let alone easy. Just like in crypto,
figuring out some construction that you cannot break yourself is never
very difficult but figuring out constructions that *others* cannot
break is rather harder. Besides, it gives "them" another data set to
hone their skills on, which may not be such a good idea in 2020.

Aggregate data should be safer, as long as we have more than 1 user :)

Regards,

- Johan