KDE Developer Documentation

Juan Carlos Torres jucato at kdemail.net
Sat Dec 28 02:53:01 GMT 2019

On Sat, Dec 28, 2019, 08:39 Olivier Churlaud <olivier at churlaud.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> At CERN we didn't speak about this, except with the Plasma team who spoke
> about having a cookbook based on git containing all the code and
> explanations.
>
> Sebastian Klüger was the one who raised the idea. I have no idea if
> something came out of this.

I wasn't made aware of any development in that matter when I asked Plasma
devs. The problem still stands that QML and JS documentation seem difficult
to properly do in Doxygen even with the QML extension.

For frameworks we wanted to break the idea that you need to take all kf5
> libs to use one, hence we didn't want to promote too much the transverse
> tutorial. This idea can be challenged, though.

I think there's room for both. The Frameworks documentation definitely need
to be standalone and complete, including examples. But there will also be
some need for tutorials and guides that revolve around themes, topics, and
applications. It's less about "you need all kf5 libs" and more about "you
can connect and use multiple kf5 libs this way to make Qt applications".
These would be higher-level documentation rather than Framework-specific.

Whether they can or should be in the apidox may be a different discussion.
I'll try to review the tutorials and see which can go where and also think
of tutorials and guides that may not be a direct fit for apidocs.