KDE now has its own Matrix infrastructure

Filipe Saraiva filipe at kde.org
Thu Feb 21 11:46:40 GMT 2019

Em 20/02/2019 09:36, Paul Brown escreveu:
> So please head over to https://webchat.kde.org (or matrix.kde.org via any
> other Matrix client!), grab an account and join #kde:kde.org.  For more
> information, check out our Matrix wiki page which includes details on how to
> configure desktop clients (https://community.kde.org/Matrix).

Nice, congratulations kommunity!

Some questions:

1. Do the created accounts has a @username:kde.org address? Or
@username:kde.modular.im?

2. What are the reasons to use a server owned by a company, not by us? I
don't want to start a flamewar, just know the reasons and motivations.

3. For now is there any plan for our XMPP infrastructure or nothing related?

Thank you!

--
Filipe Saraiva
http://filipesaraiva.info/