KDE now has its own Matrix infrastructure

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Fri Feb 22 20:16:01 GMT 2019

My understanding is that they follow the form @username:kde.org.

> 2. What are the reasons to use a server owned by a company, not by us? I
> don't want to start a flamewar, just know the reasons and motivations.
>
> 3. For now is there any plan for our XMPP infrastructure or nothing related?

There are no plans to impact on XMPP infrastructure at this time.

We're unlikely to make any improvements for XMPP in terms of our
infrastructure as it is more likely to be wound down in the next few
years (we've already disabled registrations due to abuse, any new
registrations require a request to Sysadmin)

> Thank you!
>
> --
> Filipe Saraiva
> http://filipesaraiva.info/