Discourse

Luca Beltrame lbeltrame at kde.org
Tue Dec 4 12:30:39 GMT 2018

Il giorno Tue, 4 Dec 2018 12:48:48 +0100
Harald Sitter <sitter at kde.org> ha scritto:

> OTOH I also don't understand how the current spam protection works. Do
> we maintain a list of blacklisted words? Because from what I
> understand discourse has that built in. Along with blocking by IP.

Yeah, it works something like that. I don't know if it is connected to
stopforumspam (nor if stopforumspam actually exists anymore), but it
does "flag" messages on words, number of posts, etc. Moderators then
can inspect the flagged messages.

The current nice thing (but that's to workaround a huge deficiency of
the UI in phpBB - perhaps it has changed in recent versions) is that it
also offers a one-click ban that bans the user and wipes all the posts
by the same user in one fell swoop.