help desk vs bug tracker

Andy Betts andy.betts at kde.org
Mon Oct 29 18:25:44 GMT 2018

On October 29, 2018 at 12:23:16 PM, David Edmundson (david at davidedmundson.co.uk(mailto:david at davidedmundson.co.uk)) wrote:

> >I'm also wondering whether other KDE projects have the
> seem need as we have for Krita,
>
> With my Plasma hat on:
>
> Surprisingly, we don't get too many end user questions on bugzilla. I think it tends to get loaded onto the distros instead.
>
> We do get quite a few where the user thinks they have a bug but it's an issue on their end but I don't think a helpdesk would solve them.
>
> David

Maybe one thing that is hard to deal with is the sheer email distribution where you can’t seem to be able to route people’s questions or requests to the right audience. We also get endless threads that you can’t seem to be able to unsubscribe from. Would some of these tools be able to do that?

Thank you,

Andy