Call for contributors for Fixture [ Qt5 based raster graphics editor ]

Nate Graham nate at kde.org
Fri Sep 21 03:25:12 BST 2018

On 09/20/2018 08:10 PM, Kuntal Majumder wrote:
> Hi
>   ---- On Fri, 21 Sep 2018 02:27:11 +0530 Nate Graham <nate at kde.org> wrote ----
>   > People who want Photoshop will always want Photoshop. Not a clone, not a look-alike--only the real thing will do. People who are flexible will learn how to use GIMP--and these days, especially Krita, which is becoming a serious Photoshop competitor for many workflows. My wife uses it for art instead of Photoshop. It's awesome.
>
> True, I am not targeting the serious users of Photoshop here, but casual users who only use a smaller set of features which Photoshop offers but the with almost the same UX.
>
>   > My advice would be to join an existing project to make it even better rather than start a new one. I see that your project has only two contributors. That is a very low bus factor. Experience shows that small projects like these will very likely be abandoned in a few years (sad but true), while larger projects are immortal. Krita is experiencing a real surge of interest right now, and I'm sure the developers would love to have you on board! Check out https://community.kde.org/Krita for more information.
>
> Yes, we are only 2 people, that is why I am looking out for contributors who can help. And as far as Krita goes, I do already have a patch into it. ;-D

To be honest, It's a little bit inconsiderate to try to entice KDE
developers away from contributing to KDE's own offering in favor of
yours. Open source development resources are always very limited, which
is why it's so important that we collaborate wherever possible rather
than reinventing the wheel. It's great that you've gotten started with
Krita development! The project can always use more talented developers
who are passionate about the subject. If you think Krita has UI issues
that impair users migrating from Photoshop, I suspect that's something
the developers would like to hear about. You may discover that they
share your goals. :)

Nate