Closing NEEDSINFO bugs after 30 days

Adriaan de Groot groot at kde.org
Mon Sep 17 19:19:59 BST 2018

On Monday, 17 September 2018 20:01:15 CEST Andrew Crouthamel wrote:
> This is already a policy at many other projects such as The Document
> Foundation, Chromium, and Fedora. Additionally, several of our developers
> within KDE are already doing this.

This depends on the state change *to* NEEDSINFO having a comment or other
message that is sufficiently directive: "we need <x information> in order to do
anything with this bug". Or, in general, we'd need to keep in mind that that
state change needs to have a clear and explicit question towards the reporter.

In my own projects I do tend to to an intent-to-close pass over bugs, adding a
comment "this will be closed in a week unless you speak up and provide the
requested information."

[ade] (generally in favor)