Twitter access

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Sat Aug 11 22:22:59 BST 2018

I had asked the CWG the following:

Who are the higher-ups I've been told control access to KDE social
media accounts, how did they get their position, how are they
accountable to KDE as a whole and how do they decide who can
contribute to KDE's promo?

Is it desired I have access to two of KDE's social media accounts but
not more or should I be removed from the accounts I do have access to?

Is there a general blockage on community members being full members of
KDE promo or is it just a limitation for me?

The only answer I got was about how feeling amongst wider Linux users
was good for Plasma these days and therefor the promo team must be the
right setup, which confuses correlation and causation.  I understood
the CWG would take no further interest and it was surprising to see
Valorie considered it an open issue today.  Any other feedback I've
had on the issue is just patronising comments about the need for
review as if I was not aware of the process over the last 15 years.  I
had hoped to get back into promo having stepped back from being
hassled last year.  But as all of KDE except a few I have spoken to
privately are happy with the current promo set up I have just stopped
my involvement and will move on to other places where I can take a
full part.  Stuff I did which KDE may want to try to fill includes
FOSDEM stalls, Embedded Linux Conf stall, Planet KDE, promo for Plasma
releases beyond the announcement, articles during Akademy week, other
random stuff as I felt the need.

Jonathan