What could be helpful to get contributor training on?

Marta Rybczynska rybczynska at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 21:23:46 GMT 2018

On Thu, Mar 8, 2018 at 9:40 PM, Thomas Pfeiffer <thomas.pfeiffer at kde.org>
wrote:

> Dear KDE community,
> With the $200k donation from the Pineapple Fund [1], we have some money
> available which we can invest in KDE’s future.
> We are currently thinking about what to best invest in, and one of the
> ideas was to pay for professional training in some skills for contributors.
> For that, we’d like to know which skills would be most useful for us to
> have in order to take KDE further?
>
> This can be soft or hard skills, but it would probably make sense to train
> things which we don’t already learn naturally from our collaboration anyway.
>
> So, what do you think?
>
> Thank you in advance for your input,
> Thomas

Hello all,
My 0.02 EUR: I'd say conflict resolution (like non-violent communication)
and interpersonal communication skills.
To be most effective they should be available for the whole community so
rather online than during events.
(Mis-)communication between people has caused issues multiple times and it
would be good to improve the
situation. That would help the community as a whole.

Best,
Marta