What could be helpful to get contributor training on?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Mar 8 21:19:34 GMT 2018

On Thursday, 8 March 2018 21:40:00 CET Thomas Pfeiffer wrote:
> Dear KDE community,
> With the $200k donation from the Pineapple Fund [1],

The footnote is missing from your mail.

> we have some money
> available which we can invest in KDE’s future. We are currently thinking
> about what to best invest in, and one of the ideas was to pay for
> professional training in some skills for contributors.

Guess I missed that in the discussion on the KDE e.V. mailing list? Was this
discussed somewhere else? In fact, I don't remember having seen "professional
training in some skills" being discussed at all...

> For that, we’d like
> to know which skills would be most useful for us to have in order to take
> KDE further?

And who are these "we"?

> This can be soft or hard skills, but it would probably make sense to train
> things which we don’t already learn naturally from our collaboration
> anyway.
>
> So, what do you think?

That I'm once again feeling totally out of touch, because your mail doesn't
seem at all to reflect anything that I've seen up to now.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org