Let's get rid of UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED

Scott Harvey bundito at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 13:23:50 GMT 2018

As a newcomer, I didn't realize I was allowed to change UNCO to CONF and
did so only when absolutely positive the issue existed. But I've already
seen issues like a user who continually reports bugs (often enough that I
recognize the name from among thousands).

When I triage something and find it confirmed, I try to report all the
details of my system and the methods I used to recreate the problem.

Maybe all we need is a little more education and advice for users. Maybe a
popup when changing UNCO to CONF that reads "By doing this, you're going to
alert the very busy development team that you've confirmed a bug in
<product X>. Are you positive you want to do this? Please think it through
before continuing."

Or nicer words to the same effect.