Let's get rid of UNCONFIRMED/CONFIRMED

Aleix Pol aleixpol at kde.org
Tue Feb 27 12:16:03 GMT 2018

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 12:22 PM, Paul Brown <paul.brown at kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday, 27 February 2018 11:51:42 CET Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

>> > So... where are users supposed to report bugs?
>>
>> Users report bugs in bugs.kde.org. But that doesn't change that bugs.kde.org
>> is a tool for the developer, not the user. Once the bug is in bugzilla,
>> it's my property, as a developer, and I need to have a workflow that allows
>> me to efficiently handle over a thousand bug reports a year.
>>
>> Users do treat bugs.kde.org as a helpline, but that's invalid, and I close
>> such help requests as invalid, though I also give the users the help they
>> need, of course.
>
> I'll ask the question again with a slight modification: So... where are users
> supposed to report bugs according to you?

bugs.kde.org is the place.
Most of the time developers spend nowadays looking into bugs is
selecting actual bug reports among piles of issues that may be
duplicated or have problems far from our reach, which is what
Boudewijn is describing there.

If users also go to phabricator, we'll lose that one space where some
projects keep a curated list of issues and things to implement.

Aleix