FOSDEM retrospective

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Feb 9 09:12:45 GMT 2018

On Thursday, 8 February 2018 23:27:29 CET Adriaan de Groot wrote:

> Well-said. There's two aspects:
>  - why are we here (at this specific event)?
>  - what message do we want to spread?
> FOSDEM is perhaps a little special: there's a lot of other nerds there, so
> the questions we get are different and more wide-ranging than we might get
> at an industry event. (e.g. activities, e.g. Sanskrit input methods, e.g.
> keyboard layouts with tall enter keys).

What always surprises me about fosdem is that there are genuinely quite a few
people who attend fosdem and yet haven't hear of KDE (or Krita). There were
people genuinely did not expect that this software would be free; people who
thought our stuff is open-core and that we'd ask for money for the really
useful features.

--
Boudewijn Rempt | https://www.valdyas.org | https://www.krita.org