[kde-community] Re: FOSDEM retrospective

Jonathan Riddell jr at jriddell.org
Fri Feb 9 09:28:24 GMT 2018

On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 11:27:29PM +0100, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> Well-said. There's two aspects:
>  - why are we here (at this specific event)?

It's the largest free software expo going, it keeps us in contact with
our user and contributor community, if we weren't there or at similar
events it would suggest we weren't a significant part of the free and
open source movement.

>  - what message do we want to spread?

When I organise it I plan demos of the best of KDE's output from the
last year and some spiel to promote it.  Many KDE people ignore the
demos and chat their own lines which is fine too.

Jonathan