Input on privacy goal

Sebastian Kügler sebas at kde.org
Mon Jan 22 12:25:55 GMT 2018

On vrijdag 19 januari 2018 15:30:25 CET Volker Krause wrote:
> On Friday, 19 January 2018 14:49:58 CET Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> > I'd like to collect some more input from the wider KDE community about our
> > privacy goal for the next years. If you're unsure what I'm talking about,
> > please have a look at https://vizzzion.org/blog/2017/11/kdes-goal-privacy/
>
> Here are some thoughts on threat models for this, as a possible way to
> better capture what we want to achieve.
[...]

excellent! I've added these threat models to the phabricator task at https://
phabricator.kde.org/T7050

> What else? Which of those do we want to address? Do you think that's a
> useful approach to guide/validate our work?

This is something I want to direct at the community. We really need to get out
of the mindset of sitting on our hands and waiting for others to start moving.
This goal is not something that can be driven by just a few people, it needs a
coherent movement by many of us. In that sense, there must be more input from
people especially regarding specific plans, and if there isn't, we're
collecting a whole lot of useful academic and probably technically sound
opinions and ideas which end up bearing little practical impact.

So, can more people please share their plans, even if small, that impact
privacy in KDE software?

sebas

http://www.kde.org | http://vizZzion.org